[Savannah-hackers] Re: CVS of CorbaTrace

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: CVS of CorbaTrace
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 13:08:37 +0100

Gizmo Etienne writes:
 > OK, xml.jar wil never be include in our CVS. I agree and I understand.
 >
 > For using corbaTrace, you only need a SAX parser write in Java. It can be
 > every parser that is complient with the W3C specification for SAX. So, you
 > can use Free Software or commercial soft. It's the goal of SAX and DOM !
 > There are a lot of free SAX parser in Java (Xalan and so).
 >
 > If it's forbidden to use Sun JDK, you can use BlackBown which is free.
 >
 > Is it clear ?
 > We don't need any commercial soft, just standard complient software.

        This is perfect. Not many Java software can run without
proprietary dependencies nowadays, congrats to you ;-). I invite you
to clearly explain in the installation instructions which Free Software
components can be used to run CorbaTrace. Please tend to overlook this
and become dependent on non free software.

        Now for the import itself. The tarbal you sent me is not a CVS
tree. If you have a CVS tree (files ending with ,v) I can import them on
subversions. If the only thing you have is the tarbal you sent me, you should
import it into the CVS repository of your project.

        But .. it occurs to me that you have no project on Savannah yet
(http://savannah.gnu.org/users/gizmoeti/). You should submit it (again, yes)
at https://savannah.gnu.org/register/.

        Cheers,