[Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNUpremacy

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNUpremacy
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:26:16 +0000

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 12:58:13AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Chris Jones <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: GNUpremacy
> System name: gnupremacy

Since your project is not part of the GNU project we cannot accept that name
for it. Of course there are lots of non-GNU projects with names such as
gnuplot and gnuboy, but they are not hosted in Savannah. In the projects we
host we want to keep the distinction between GNU and non-GNU projects, and
that's why we don't accept that kind of names. If at some point you apply to
make your project part of the GNU project, you can change its name after it
gets accepted.

Could you please submit your project again (using the "Register new project
link" in the webpage), with a different name?

Regards,
Jaime