Re: [Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: Re: Strangeness in quail-input-st

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] address@hidden: Re: Strangeness in quail-input-string-to-events]
Date: 15 Jan 2002 18:22:51 +0000

Loic Dachary <address@hidden> writes:

>       I see. The page http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group_id=40
> does not propose pserver access, this is true. But it also says:
>
> # Compatibility
> #
> # If your project (emacs) was using subversions.gnu.org before Savannah
> # was installed, you should know that Savannah does not impose any
> # action nor does it break anything in your habits. Please refer to the
> # generic mail providing all the information you may need on this
> # subject.
>
>       Maybe you are refering to another page ? If so could you please
> give me the URL so that I can fix it ?

That's probably what I saw.  I didn't have a reference to supply.

>       Oh, you mean the pserver port is open but the ssh port is not ?

I think it was more subtle than that, but I don't remember.  The
notworking situation has changed for the worse here since then,
anyhow.

>       Alternatively, you could use the Debian GNU/Linux krb5
> package, unless it's problematic for some reason.

Yes, I need to run Heimdal server/client.

>       You mean in replacement of ssh ? That is probably doable although
> I've never tried.

I think I made it work to a CVS server here, though it's never been
used for various reasons.

>       Here is the URL that will allow you to reset your password.

I seem to be too late for that, but I've retrieved another one from my
mailbox on fencepost.  I'll see what I can do from there.  Thanks for
your help.  Unfortunately I didn't get a response to my complaint
about our hub blocking `nobody'.