[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of easy-(e)-space

From: oliver
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of easy-(e)-space
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 08:11:26 -0500

Oliver Schneider <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: easy-(e)-space
System name: easyespace
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

We want to develop a solution based on the use of old computers as diskless
stations.
Our target is the non-profit sector (schools, libraries, cultural centers...).
Our solution is not really a technical revolution but more something that
should make existing stuff more easy for beginners.
It is based on the \"plume\" project hosted on sourceforge.
We are rather oriented towards user-friendliness than technicity.
Contributions will be in French and/or English mainly (Dutch should be
considered later).
We would like to share the results of our work with the community. A first
release is planned for march and two others should
be ready in 2002. It is the first time we work that way... so for us it \'s
also a question of evaluating and learning the GPL/FSF way of doing.
And looking if we could migrate other developpements to this platform.
It does not exist on a publicly released way but we have installed it at many
places...
So we are working on it.