[Savannah-hackers] Re: www: GIF files

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: www: GIF files
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 20:38:32 -0700 (MST)

    From: address@hidden
    Subject: www: GIF files
    To: address@hidden
    Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 12:50:47 -0500

        Hi,

        Could you please remove the following GIF files from the project
    www hosted on the GNU machines ?

    software/cfengine/cfconsole/cfconsole.gif
    software/cfengine/cfengine-NT/img1.gif
    software/cfengine/cfengine-NT/img2.gif
    software/cfengine/cfengine-NT/img3.gif
    software/cfengine/cfengine-NT/img4.gif
    software/cfengine/cfengine-NT/l2h22381/img1.gif
    software/cfengine/cfengine-NT/l2h22543/img2.gif
    software/cfengine/cfengine-NT/l2h22543/img3.gif
    software/cfengine/cfengine-NT/l2h22543/img4.gif

Mark, I remember we spoke about this issue a few months ago.  I think
you said that all the GIF files were junk and that you had deleted
them yourself--so it is puzzling that some remain.

Can you tell us what's up?  Did the files you deleted come back
somehow?  Did you miss a few?  Are these junk?

The webmasters can convert the files to PNG for you, or they can
delete the files.  Please just tell them what is right to do.