Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of ww -- a console t

From: petar marinov
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of ww -- a console text editor
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 23:19:43 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Loic Dachary" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 2:20 AM
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of ww -- a
console text editor

> Could you please put the current distribution at a URL so that we ...

It took me couple of days to prepare the beta of the web site and to
compile binaries of recent sources. Point your browser at:

http://geocities.com/h2428/ww_web_beta/

This site is what I've been working to put on savannah, provided that you
approve my application. The site is developed with style sheets in a way to
create pleasent color experience in graphical browsers that support CSS. On
other hand the site is designed to be perfectly accessible by text-mode
browsers -- lynx.

You will see pages for downloading the sources with instructions for
compilation, and pages to download the binaries with instructions for
installation.

> ... If you're not decided on the license, please consider
> using the GNU GPL instead of the Modified BSD license. The GNU GPL will
ensure
> that noone can turn your software into proprietary software: it preservese
the
> freedom you grant.

It took me some time to research on different license texts.

I work on this to elicit pleasure and for the feeling that I create
something that gradually grows and evolves to a coplete product. I do not
expect anybody to make anything prorpietary out of my project, and if
somebody does, then I wish him good luck.

> Also note that when refering to the operating system we say GNU/Linux.
> Linux is the kernel.

I'm perfectly aware of this, I did not mean to diminish the significance of
the GNU project by refering to the whole operating system only by the name
of its kernel, it is just shorter. I like GNU, I like the idea of freedom
and sharing. I use GNU tools every day at work or at home.

> When you have a distribution ready, please submit the project again.

It is unclear wether you would like me to go and fill all the forms again,
or this e-mail will be enough for my application to be reconsidered.

regards,
petar