Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of ww -- a console t

From: petar marinov
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of ww -- a console text editor
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 22:32:13 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Loic Dachary" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 8:32 AM
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of ww -- a
console text editor

> Hi,
>
> Could you please submit your project again with a more detailed
> description ? Half a page will do. Also note that the operating system
> is called GNU/Linux (Linux is just the kernel).
>
> Thanks in advance,

I rewrote the project description and tried to redo the whole application
but the server rejects me with the message "Group Name Taken\nThat group
name already exists."

The project name that I input is "ww-editor".

Please read below the new project description:

---

WW is a text editor that works on Windows and GNU/Linux platforms. Its
environment is the text mode console. The project aims to produce an editor
that enables the user to seemlesly switch between Windows text console,
GNU/Linux text console and X Server terminal windows with the sharing of
key-bindings and configuration files between the opereting platforms.

At the present moment [15-feb-2002] the editor implements the standard set
of block operations -- mark, clipboard transfer, column blocks, undo and
redo, crash recovery, search and replace with Perl regular expressions and
patterns, find in files, persistent bookmarks, pull-down menu system, GNU
Info-style hyper-text browser, calculator.

As goals for mid to long term future can be outlined: autonomous X window
operation, replace in files (with revert), design of plug-ins interface and
developing plug-ins for different languages (syntax highlithing at the
beginning), heuristic navigation history (Alt+left/right to navigate like
browser stack), to redesign the display block to support multi-frame
non-modal split, diff, plug-ins for version control systems (CVS and
ClearCase), spell-check (general or language specific, for example limit the
check to comments in .c file or skip tags in .html file).

As very long term goals: extensive language scanning to provide navigation
within function declaration, structure declarations, function parameters
tips, variables declaration and reference lists.

---

regards,
petar