Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Dream Park Game E

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Dream Park Game Engine
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 17:57:02 +0100

        Hi,

        Could you please submit your project again with a URL to the current
distribution ? I was not able to find it easily with the pointer you provided.

        Also note that the name of the operating system is GNU/Linux
(Linux is just a kernel). Along the same lines, Free Software are commercial
products since you can run a business on their basis. I guess you meant
proprietary products instead. I suggest you only recommend vertex,
moonlight (the GPL version) or gimp as Free Software products. Blender is
not Free Software, it is proprietary.

        Dinstinguishing all these aspects is important as more and more
proprietary products try to undermine the freedom we have on GNU/Linux.

        Thanks for your support,