[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNU/Hurd installation

From: philipc
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNU/Hurd installation iso\'s
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 23:14:40 -0500

Philip Charles <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: GNU/Hurd installation iso\'s
System name: phil
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

The production of GNU/Hurd installation CD images.  These are produced on my
home machine, posted to Europe where they they are uploaded to ftp.gnu.org by a
third party.  It has been suggested by this person that I do this myself.
Having direct access would mean that I could explore other means of getting the
images to ftp.gnu.org.  I would also be responsible for revoving outdated
images.

The Hurd project is planning a complete rebuild of its packages and intend
using alpha.gnu.org as a staging area in case there is delay in the new
packages being integrated into the official Debian archive.  If this is the
case the plan is to build CD images using the packages from the staging area.
Preferential access to the staging area would be useful in this case.

The project exists, ftp.gnu.org/pub/hurd/contrib/iso