Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Zebra

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Zebra
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 10:14:55 +0000

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 02:55:14PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

>Many A.I. problems can be modeled as constraint satisfaction problems
>(CSPs). A CSP is a problem composed of a finite set of variables, having a
>finite domain of values and a set of constraints. Solving a CSP consists in
>finding a value for each variable wihtout violating any constraint. (For
>example, see the n-queens problem, which consists in placing n chess queens
>on an n × n board such that no queen can attack another. Another example is
>the map coloring problem).

Thanks for your nice description. Your project has been approved.

> Zebra will be developped in C++ (Actually, this is the part which does not
> comply with the gnu coding standards).
You do not have to comply with the coding standards (even though it gives you
a lot of good advice) since your program is not a GNU package. Feel free to
use any languages you want, as long as they do not imply having to install
some proprietary software to make them work.

> I will use
> Flex/Bison/Automake/Autoconf. The code will be documented with doxygen, the
> manual will be written using Texinfo.
Good, but please be careful with doxygen which uses GIF images that are not
allowed in Savannah (it might be a good oportunity to try to convince
doxygen's maintainers to feature PNG images).

> Reports will be output as TeX files, if a graph must be done, i think i will
> use GnuPlot. (Maybe metapost, i\'m not fixed on that point)
Just for the record, GnuPlot is not a GNU package. But it is a very nice
package anyway.

Cheers,
Jaime