[Savannah-hackers] Re: How to fight spam on GNU mailing lists

From: Martin Hamilton
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 18:02:31 +0100

Hi folks - just to mention that I've added an extra clause to the Exim
system filter on fencepost to bounce messages containing the closing
'iframe' tag in email messages.  These should be returned to the sender
with a hopefully descriptive message.

We spotted back home today that the iframe tag in emailed HTML isn't
properly checked by (at least) Outlook Express.  Turns out that it's
commonly used by spammers and for virus propagation - in particular the
Klez virus that has been doing the rounds a lot recently.  More at:

  http://www.kav.ch/avpve/worms/email/klez.stm

Apologies if anyone feels I've jumped the gun...

Cheers,

Martin