[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of CVS Web Manager

From: Andre . dos . Anjos
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of CVS Web Manager
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 13:29:02 -0400

André Rabello dos ANJOS <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: CVS Web Manager
System name: cvser

My project aims to create a more complete solution to CVS
browsing and maintainance through the web using PHP/MySQL

To browse CVS through the web has become very popular, but
the available tools do not fully explore the web capabilities
for accomplishing that task. Mainly, I think, because they are
base on technologies that were adapted to the web, but not
concieved to the web.

Using PHP instead of such developing tools brings an advantadge
in the sense that new features for browsing, maintaining or even editing CVS
contents could be easily incorporated without much
effort. Many components already exist and many more seem to be
popping up every day. All such components add web-based services
to PHP. That means that web development with PHP may be at least
as intensive and fruitful as with any other tool.

My initial ideas aim to create a full set of PHP types (with
the native object/class support) that would be able to:

1) Look-up and present already available information on one or more CVS
repositories in an elegant and configurable way (for eg. graphical/text
representations);
2) Support user accounts with \'personalisable\' items and some memory (my
initial feelings are to use some free database for that);
3) Support administration tasks on the repository.

It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.