[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Gpl\'d PlayStation Em

From: lu_zero
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Gpl\'d PlayStation Emulator
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 13:46:11 -0400

Luca Barbato <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Gpl\'d PlayStation Emulator
System name: gpse
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

The project gpse aims to have a completely free software fork of the
playstation emulator known as FPSE (fpse.emuunlim.com)

the fork starts from the 0.08 and will be layer compatible to the
fpse0.09 sdk or later
the main platform will be GNU/linux.

the files will be uploaded on
http://darktears.psxfanatics.com/files/gpse0.01.tar.bz2 soon

Since is based on fpse0.08 and the first release will be just the fpse0.08 with
the license change, you can have an idea of that is it looking at the actual
non free release(0.09) or the fpse0.08B1 release http://fpse.emuunlim.com
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown/2004/fpse/download.htm

I\'m the actual fpse0.09 porter (non free)
http://darktears.psxfanatics.com/files/fpse0.09+configuratorBeta1U.tar.bz2
if you are curious about it.

As memeber of the fpse developement team and \"author\" of the 0.08BeOS port I
can change the license myself.

The first author (LDChen) has been already contacted anyway and he grants me
the right of shifting the licence for the 0.08 codebase (not the 0.09 sadly).

Other Software Required:
the emulator is modular and his functionality rely on plugins, those may
require particular lib like SDL mesa OpenAl or whatever the plugin author may
use.
the basic plugin will require just SDL

the configurator will require Gtk 1.2