[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNU Ringers

From: mrudberg
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNU Ringers
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 19:18:11 -0400

Mike Rudberg <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: GNU Ringers
System name: ringers
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

The purpose of this project is to create a Ring System to allow the smooth
linking together many individual websites.

This software is licensed under the GNU Public License (GPL) and remain so.

The programming of choice is C Language and the platform is any OS which has
the ability to support an application which can support webserver softear
similar to Apache, if not Apache.

Other Software Required:
GCC, and make along with the standard C libraries that GCC uses.

Other Comments:
The current version of this project already exists and you can download the
latest distribution at http://bemyringers.net/ringers/sourcecode.php3
The current version is ringers-0.05-1a.tar.gz; however, since it\'s still in
its infancy, just the framework in available.  It compiles without
errors/warnings using GCC on Linux (Slackware) and runs once with no errors.  I
am currently looking of a third outlet (the second is at
http://sf.net/projects/ringers.

The software is completely free and support is basically from those who run the
software and report bugs to me (or the team).