Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNU Ringers

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNU Ringers
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 11:25:43 +0100

Sorry for the late reply, I've had some network problems in the last few days.

In order to release your project under the GPL you must write copyright
notices and copying permission statements at the beginning of every source
code file, and include a copy of the plain text version of the GNU GPL
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt; copy it, for instance, into a file named
COPYING).  Please follow the advice of
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

Also, since your project is not part of the GNU project yet we cannot accept
that Package name for it. Of course there are lots of non-GNU projects with
names such as gnuplot and gnuboy, but they are not hosted in Savannah. In the
projects we host we want to keep the distinction between GNU and non-GNU
projects, and that's why we don't accept that kind of name. If your project
is accepted into the GNU project, you can change its name later on.

When you are done making those changes, you can register your project again.

Regards,
Jaime