Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of The New MH Mail H

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of The New MH Mail Handling System
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 14:09:52 +0100

nmh is a very nice project and it can be hosted here, but I'm having a hard
time figuring out whether your project should be approved or not. The problem
is that the only copyright note I've managed to find (in file COPYRIGHT) says:
  "Copyright (c) 2000, the authors of nmh
   All rights reserved."
but I have failed to find out who "the authors of nmh" are and whether you're
one of them.

The C programs in uip/ do not have any copyright or licensing information
either. They might as well be proprietary and I could not tell for sure
(that's why it is important to include licensing information in every file,
even if they are in the public domain). In the ChangeLog I see a lot of
activity by Dan Harkless and Dough Morris, but not you.

I know it is an old version that stopped being developped 2 years ago and
you're trying to reactivate it, which is a very good cause, but we need to
make sure nobody will complain if you register the project on your name, and
we also want to avoid this kind of hassle in the future by requesting you to
include copyright notices and licensing information in all source files.

Could you please register your project again giving us more information (once
the project gets approved you can make Shantonu Shen --and anybody else you
want-- a project administrator).

Regards,
Jaime