Re: [Savannah-hackers] CVS Howto

From: mathieu
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] CVS Howto
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 10:51:45 +0200

Le ven 17 mai 2002 à 10h32, Godefroid Chapelle a écrit :
At 09:48 17/05/2002, you wrote:
Yes, I read the documentation I was able to find but I found no place where it is told how to check that my public key is well registered on savannah for example.

in your account maintenance
(see the left menu)

OK I am one step further...

I had not well understood where the Protocol 1 was needed. I had found no example of config file.

So I think the following phrase coming from the FAQ could be added on the CVS page(http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group_id=xxx)

"This could be basicaly done with:
echo "Protocol 1" > ~/.ssh/config
"

So I retried and this is what I get.

$ cvs -t -z3 address@hidden:/cvsroot/zfirebirdda/ add version.txt cvs add: notice: main loop with address@hidden:/cvsroot/zfir
ebirdda/
 -> Starting server: ssh subversions.gnu.org -l gotcha cvs server
Enter passphrase for RSA key '/home/Administrator/.ssh/identity':
cvs add: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory
cvs [add aborted]: no repository
--

hum, are you familiar with CVS  (it is a question, not an insult :)) ?

have you previously downloaded the cvs tree as explained in the FAQ ?

cvs -z3 address@hidden:/cvsroot/myproject/ co myproject

the next step is to cp your version.txt file where you have downloaded your tree
to cd in this directory
to type, simply, without anything else
cvs add version.txt

Try to do the process explained in the FAQ step by step, telling me what you get.
--
mathieu
* http://meuh.coleumes.org Le Réseau Voltaire, cancrelats animés par le lucre ou idiots sans scrupules ? *