Re: [Savannah-hackers] Download tarball

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Download tarball
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 16:45:25 +0100

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 04:29:05PM +0200, Godefroid Chapelle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> cvs.zope.org has a nice possibility : you can get a tarball of a CVS module
> you are webbrowsing.
>
> I do not know if it is a ViewCVS option but it is really handy to keep in
> touch with CVS when a user has no CVS knowledge...
>
> Thanks for the good work.
> --

We had that option available in Savannah about a month ago, but some users
would try to get a tarball of the whole CVS repository (2.7 GigaBytes) making
the server become too slow. That's why I decided to disable that feature until
I have some time to make it optional for projects directories only (that will
imply patching viewcvs). The problem is that I do not have much free time
lately so I can't tell when I'll be able to look into it. If you or anyone
you know can suggest a solution, we're all ears.

Regards,
Jaime