Re: [Savannah-hackers] Download tarball

From: Godefroid Chapelle
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Download tarball
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 18:14:24 +0200

At 17:45 17/05/2002, Jaime E . Villate wrote:
We had that option available in Savannah about a month ago, but some users
would try to get a tarball of the whole CVS repository (2.7 GigaBytes) making
the server become too slow.

I see and understand...

That's why I decided to disable that feature until
I have some time to make it optional for projects directories only (that will
imply patching viewcvs). The problem is that I do not have much free time
lately so I can't tell when I'll be able to look into it. If you or anyone
you know can suggest a solution, we're all ears.

Regards,
Jaime

I just took a look into viewCVS 0.9.2.
It should be relatively easy to patch it so that it outputs the "download tarball" hyperlink and generates tgz for a specific class of directory only (based on a regular expression for instance).

Can you tell me how projects are organized on subversion.gnu.org so that I can make a patch proposal ?

--

Godefroid Chapelle

BubbleNet sprl
rue Victor Horta, 18 / 202