[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of C to C++ converter

From: webmaster
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of C to C++ converter
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 07:08:40 -0400

sureau <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: C to C++ converter
System name: ctocpp
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

                      C to C++ converter

 This is a set of Python scripts to automatically convert C sources to C++.
 Works under Windows, Linux and others, as Python is universal.
 I have written it because I had not found a such tool over the Net.

 The scripts build classes, and global variables will become
members of the classes, functions will become methods.

 The process of conversion requires several passes:
- mkheader.py  produces correct and complete header files.
   May also be used as a standalone tool to make and update  C header files.
- mkclass.py  create the C++ classes.
   The name of a class is the name of the C file,
-  mkmethod.py produces \".cpp\" files inside which  all
   C functions are transformed into methods according to
   the class declaration.
-  mkcpp.py transforms any C references of variables and
   functions to C++ equivalents references to attributes and
   methods, according to the classes declarations.

Other tools

- mover.py
   moves a whole project from a directory to another,
and update the #include statements.
- search.py
  is a general purpose search-replace tool to process strings
  or identifiers inside text files.

http://scriptol.tuxfamily.org
   ctocpp.zip
   ctocpp.tar.gz