Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of OS Development XM

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of OS Development XML documentation
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 18:38:14 +0200

Hi,

Is your project a software doing conversion of news to XML or is it a documentation taking news:alt... as source ?

If it is the second option, as it seems looking at your package, shouldn't you choose a documentation license instead (like the GNU FDL) of a software license ?

Whatever the license you choose, you need to add licensing informations in each files you provide and with a separate COPYING or LICENSE file.

For example, take a look at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

It would be nice if you can give me an answer before I do the approval job, in about 30 minutes.