Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of OS Development XM

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of OS Development XML documentation
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 18:58:28 +0200

Le ven 24 mai 2002 à 18h47, Stoian Jekov a écrit :
> Is your project a software doing conversion of news
> to XML or is it a
> documentation taking news:alt... as source ?
>
> If it is the second option, as it seems looking at
> your package,
> shouldn't you choose a documentation license instead
> (like the GNU FDL)
> of a software license ?
It is the second option - we want to convert existing
(and new) documentation for OS development to the XML
format.

Sorry, but I'm not and licensing expert. I choose
Expat licence, because the conversion tool use this
library. If you think that the GNU FDL is better,
can you change it for me, or I need to resubmit a
project? I believe, that you know more about
licencing, so please help me - choice the proper
license. I think GNU FDL will be OK.

In fact, you'll have to apply the license yourselves. But if you can make it today, I can hold the registration in the queue and waiting tomorrow.

About the licensing you can get information here:
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html#DocumentationLicenses

I think the GNU FDL is a good option.

An important issue is the ackowledgment of this choice by any authors of the documentation.

* http://savannah.gnu.org/users/yeupou
* http://yeupou.coleumes.org
* http://gpg.coleumes.org (GPG Key)