Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of pb.webMAUI (Mail

From: cboettger
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of pb.webMAUI (Mail Administration User Int
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 17:10:41 +0200 (CEST)

Zitiere Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>:

> Hi,
>
> The url
> http://www.probusiness.de/courieradmin/download/courieradmin-0.1.1.tgz
>
> is broken.

Someone else was faster than me... it's
http://www.probusiness.de/courieradmin/download/courieradmin-0.1.2.tgz

> Can you please resubmit your project with a valid url ?
>
> Also , could you please make sure it works
> with php3 ? The php4 license has restrictions that forbids
> distribution of modified source packages. It is important to use php3 so that
> php
> people know that the Free Software community is embarassed by this
> restriction.

We have checked this and found out that back-prting the code to php3 from php4
would cause too much hassle and money. Furthermore we would have to always check
compatibility with two php versions from now on (our clients insist on PHP4), so
we cannot fullfill this request.

Furthermore, we do not really agree with your approach, as we have no influence
at all over license issues with PHP. Putting this restriction on Savannah was a
big disappointment for us.

The project will stay under GPL, but we decided to host it on SourceForge
instead of Savannah. We would be happy to switch to Savannah at any time,
provided we would not have to back-port to PHP3.

The SourceForge URL is http://sourceforge.net/projects/pb-webmaui/ in case you
are interested anyway.

> (you can resubmit your project copying the big re-registration link
> provided in the mail you get when you have registered)

That's obsolete for us now, I guess.

Regards

Christian Böttger