Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of pb.webMAUI (Mail

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of pb.webMAUI (Mail Administration User Int
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 00:10:36 +0200

> Also , could you please make sure it works
> with php3 ? The php4 license has restrictions that forbids
> distribution of modified source packages. It is important to use
php3 so that php
> people know that the Free Software community is embarassed by this
> restriction.

We have checked this and found out that back-prting the code to php3
from php4
would cause too much hassle and money. Furthermore we would have to
always check
compatibility with two php versions from now on (our clients insist on
PHP4), so
we cannot fullfill this request.

Furthermore, we do not really agree with your approach, as we have no
influence
at all over license issues with PHP. Putting this restriction on
Savannah was a
big disappointment for us.

In fact, it is a request, not a restriction.

* http://savannah.gnu.org/users/yeupou
* http://yeupou.coleumes.org
* http://gpg.coleumes.org (GPG Key)