[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of CheatWorld

From: Cyt0plas
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of CheatWorld
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 01:00:08 -0400

Carlos Averett <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: CheatWorld
System name: cheatworld

The goal of CheatWorld would be to create a version of the GPL \"QuakeWorld\"
(www.quakeworld.net) program released by Id Software (www.idsoftware.com)
designed specifically to give advantages to the users of the client, and
unavailable to others who had not made similar modifications to their client.
A great deal of this program has already been done by myself, including
- Autoaim (stealth)
- Reverse/Anti-Gravity
- Glowing Players
- Proximity Alarms
- Scripting for death, message hooks
- Better messages, with the ability to script common values (health,ammo,etc).
- Remote Camera
- Out of body scouting
- Maphacks
- Ability to have transparent water even when the server admin turns it off.
- Builtin MP3 support
- Multiple monitor support
- Client to client (not through server) messages
- Cool spinning console
- Better text editing
- WAY better sound quality
- Better graphics / particle effects

- Legit Mode (running it without -cheats on the command line)

These are all implemented in such as a way as to be undetectable, with
activation commands available only through the console and not remotly sent.

While many people don\'t approve of the \"cheating\" world, I still firmly
believe in releasing my work, as a way of giving back, as many of my
enhancements have non-cheating uses.  Also, this client has a rather funny
origin.  I was one of the developers for the CustomTF QuakeWorld mod.  We were
having problems with cheaters, and so I decided to first make the \"best\"
hacked client out there, and then stop it.  Well, I stopped it, and made my
client better.  Stopped it again, and then discovered how to make a practically
unbeatable client.  So, I decided to make my own server daemon, complete with
votekick.  That is where the control should be, in the hands of the players.
In the mean time, I have a client with a lot of useful features, and removing
the cheats would lessen the client.  Personally, I play without the -cheats
command line option, because of the improved sound and graphics, but sometimes
its nice to have a cheat war.