[Savannah-hackers] Re: lsh-1.4 still having the same problem

From: Niels Möller
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: lsh-1.4 still having the same problem
Date: 17 Jun 2002 21:25:21 +0200

I wrote:

> Loic Dachary <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > The upgrade to lsh-1.4 apparently did not create any new problems.
> > However, when a connection dies the shell is still hanging.
>
> Which processes? Is this processes with a pty (ordinary interective
> shells), processes without a pty (usual case for non-interactive
> processes like cvs over ssh), or both?

I'm looking into the pty case now, although I'm afraid I'll be quite
busy with other things over midsummer. The idea is to make sure that
an EOF character (^D) is always written to the pty before it is
closed, no matter what the reason for the close is.

Do you have any more data on the type of processes (pty vs non-pty)
that are hanging now?

/Niels