[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of patchless x86 Linux k

From: agus_081074
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of patchless x86 Linux kernel debugging.
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 21:02:53 -0400

Miguel Rodríguez <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: patchless x86 Linux kernel debugging.
System name: kdbg

My project is aimed at patchless x86 linux debugging capabilities. It is close
to ADEOS(adaptive domain environment) first proposal (maybe I will implement it
one of this days). This is the most importan feature -> PATCHLESS and works
with many versions of Linux kernel for UP (by the moment, I\'m limited to UP
system devel.).

Patchless remote serial debugging is implemented. It means:
 -Insert module and start source code debugging of Linux kernel.
 -Remove module and leave Linux in it\'s original state.
Generic code. I have tested it with Linux 2.4.XX and 2.5.24 (minimal
modifications) but should be easyly extended to other operating systems
(uniprocessor by the moment).

It is very alpha software but do works for me. Also, it has very unconfortable
setup for debugging, but thats easy to remedy.  At first, pretended to be a
debugging and development platform for some kind of operating systems.
Miguel.