Re: [Savannah-hackers] filesystem permissions using SCP for file upload

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] filesystem permissions using SCP for file upload
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 22:19:53 +0200

Have you used scp with the -p option (Preserves modification times, access times, and modes from the
             original file.) ?

The correct mode is 2775 (rwxrwsr-x)

It is fixed.

Regards,

Le mar 02 jui 2002 à 19h32, conan dalton a écrit :

Hello hackers,

I have managed to configure SSH to upload files for me, but
unfortunately I didn't realise that filesystem permissions would be an
issue. It seems that SCP has set permissions on some of my files so
that they are not readable by the web server, so clicking on the
relevant link produces a big "Forbidden" error message.

access ok: http://savannah.gnu.org/download/robotracker/
no access: http://savannah.gnu.org/download/robotracker/robotracker.pkg

I can't find any FAQ describing how to change permissions using the
available mechanisms ...

thank you for your help and of course for all of savannah!
 - conan

=====