[Savannah-hackers] [ 101048 ] New category "Project Help Offered"

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [ 101048 ] New category "Project Help Offered"
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 14:54:14 -0400

Support Request #101048, was updated on 2002-Jul-04 08:22
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=101048&group_id=11

Category: Web

By: saint
Date: 2002-Jul-05 18:54

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=8625
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020529

Hi!

> But, people that offer help shouldnt directly offer help
to people saying they need help?

Ok, but I believe there are many projects (especially
smaller ones) that don't ask for help, because they don't
expect anyone would care about their request.
If they had the possibility to contact people directly, that
would probably help them.

And developers searching for some project could post their
profile one time and then wouldn't have to watch incoming
requests all day long...

btw., if this site is running PHP, implementing this could
be my task, depending on what backend you use (mySQL? I've
never used Postgre or Oracle...). I have a lot of experience
from other PHP/mySQL projects.

I just need the sources to the "project help offered"
category, I'd then also try (if the source is not too to
crappy :-) ) implement a new column for the OS.

Also, i need informations about the Database structure,
login data (or an existing connect-script) of course.

-sam

By: admin