Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNU Genealog Tool

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of GNU Genealog Tools
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:59:37 +0100

Since your project is not part of the GNU project we cannot accept that name
for it. Of course there are lots of non-GNU projects with names such as
gnuplot and gnuboy, but they are not hosted in Savannah. In the projects we
host we want to keep the distinction between GNU and non-GNU projects, and
that's why we don't accept that kind of names. After your project is accepted
into the GNU project, you can change its name.

Also notice that you must indicate a URL where the source code can be found
(could be a temporary one); or email-us us a tarball. It does not matter if
your project is in a very early stage, since we just want to check its license
and other software dependencies.

If your project does not exist yet, please say that in you
registration. Projects that do not exist yet can also be approved here; but if
you have any code already written, it is better to let us take a look at it
since it is easier to correct licensing issues in an early stage than later on
when we discover them.

Could you please submit your project again with a different name and a URL to
the source code (or a statement saying it does not exist yet)?

Regards,
Jaime