Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Genealogy OpenSou

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Genealogy OpenSource Tools
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:19:58 +0200

        Hi,

        The tarbal provided contains GIF files and Savannah cannot
host GIF files (see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html) for more
information.  Could you please transform your GIF files into PNG or
JPG and submit your project again ?

        Note that Savannah is a service to the Free Software movement.
We value ethics more than technical convenience, this is one of the
many differences with the Open Source movement. If you feel your
principles closely match those of the Free Software movement, could
you please avoid using Open Source ?

        Unless I'm mistaken, when you say "distributed freely by
SOFTEAM" you really mean "a proprietary program distributed gratis by
SOFTEAM". In this case it's free as in beer, not as in freedom :-)
Does your program actually depend on this program ? If yes, could you
switch to a Free Software tool such as dia in order to allow people
who value freedom to use the ULM diagrams you produce ?

        Thanks in advance,