Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Genealogy OpenSou

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Genealogy OpenSource Tools
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 13:07:44 +0200

        You may want to try http://www.lysator.liu.se/~alla/dia/

 > Nevertheless I privately use this tool ; the visible part  is the HTML
 > design documentation generated by this tool, included in the
 > distribution (with the GIF files inside :( ). So maybe can I distribute
 > this documentation, with PNG files instead of GIF files, without even
 > say a word about SOFTEAM and Objecteering ? It is not very fair with
 > Softeam, but it may be the price to be compliant with Free Software
 > philosophy ?

        It is not unfair not to give credit to the tools used to
produce something. It is common practice. But the real problem is that
Free Software developpers won't be able to edit the UML data since
there is no Free Software tool. Distributing the HTML may be fine as
long as you assume it won't need to be changed.

        Cheers,