[Savannah-hackers] Re: templates : comments on templates.

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: templates : comments on templates.
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:39:14 +0200

Currently, on the official savannah site, we are only permitting programs that are officially GNU software. (We are beginning to add functionality this so that any GPL-compatible software can be hosted, but that is not
completely done yet.)

This is false.

We can certainly evaluate your software to see if it can officially become
GNU software.

That's why you receive a mail. This mail was send by savannah-hackers. Not directly by software authors.

To make your program into official GNU software
(http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/categories.html#GNUsoftware), you will
first need to agree to follow GNU policies. This is somewhat formalized, because each maintainer of an official GNU package agrees to stand with the
GNU project on important matters of software freedom.

Normally, they should have already seen this message.

If you are agreeable to these policies, the next step is for the program to be evaluated for inclusion in GNU. To do this, I need the following
things in a self-contained email:
  * A short (paragraph or so) description of the program.
  * A URL where the source code can be downloaded.

The mail sent by savannah-hackers is automated and normally include this.

It's really confusing for me to read such mails, I guess that it should be just the same for users.
:(

 http://savannah.gnu.org/users/yeupou
http://yeupou.coleumes.org
http://gpg.coleumes.org (GPG Key)