[Savannah-hackers] Re: templates : comments on templates.

From: Free Software Foundation
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: templates : comments on templates.
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 14:42:25 -0700

Mathieu Roy <address@hidden> wrote:

> >To make your program into official GNU software
> >(http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/categories.html#GNUsoftware), you will
> >first need to agree to follow GNU policies.  This is somewhat
> >formalized,
> >because each maintainer of an official GNU package agrees to stand
> >with the
> >GNU project on important matters of software freedom.
>
> Normally, they should have already seen this message.

We bring it up again, because these are very important issues that we
want to make absolutely sure that people have seen this information.

> >If you are agreeable to these policies, the next step is for the
> >program
> >to be evaluated for inclusion in GNU.  To do this, I need the
> >following
> >things in a self-contained email:

> >  * A short (paragraph or so) description of the program.
> >  * A URL where the source code can be downloaded.

> The mail sent by savannah-hackers is automated and normally include
> this.

I ask them to resend this, because many time the descriptions are
incomplete, or things have changed.

And note that this is also in the template:

    (I realize that you may have given me all that information already in
     again in a self-contained email so that I can easily pass it on to
     our evaluators.)

--
Bradley M. Kuhn, Executive Director
Free Software Foundation     |  Phone: +1-617-542-5942