[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of trash

From: franny644
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of trash
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 20:42:55 -0400

Francis Rogers <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: trash
System name: trash

My project, \"trash\", is a command-line replacement for the Windows recycle
bin. Trash is an rm replacement which copies files to a hidden trash can
directory in the user\'s home directory. The directory can be specified by the
user. It can easily restore the trashed files to their original location. Trash
tracks the files deleted to prevent the trash can from becoming too large, and
removes older files that the user will most likely not want anymore. The
program will allow the user to choose the maximum size and age settings. The
program will allow the user to compress the trash can with tar and gzip (or,
optionally, bzip2) to further reduce the disk space used, or leave it
uncompressed if the user wants more speed.

The program is written from scratch in C and licensed under the GPL. I have not
finished a first release yet but I\'m working on it and will put the current
source on CVS as soon as possible.

Other Software Required:
GNU tar, gzip