[Savannah-hackers] Re: About a new project in Savannah : about the squea

From: Germán S . Arduino
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: About a new project in Savannah : about the squeak license
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 07:12:51 -0300

(http://www.squeak.org/download/license.html).

> > I'm planning to release my product in real GPL terms.
>
> It seems to be incompatible with the GPL (especially the part about
> fonts), but I'm not sure.
>
> If so, it means that a software that depends on squeak cannot be
> hosted on Savannah.
>
> I Cc: this message to address@hidden that can give you a clear
> answer.

The fonts are definately not Free Software. The choice of law clause is also
incompatible.
--
-Dave Turner
Free Software Licensing Guru

Thanks You by your response.

That means that I can't host a project to develop in Squeak in Savannah?

Although my project will be really GPL?

Regards.