[Savannah-hackers] Please disregard my last email.

From: Paul Company
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Please disregard my last email.
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 15:02:22 -0800 (PST)

Sorry about the last email.

I should have sent any modification requests
or help questions to the new Stow site:
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/stow

Also, I figured out how to make Stow use absolute links.
It was easier than I first thought.
Amazing what a good nights rest will do.

In case you're interested, I'm done with my
Stow modifications.

Here's what I did.
  I made GNU stow more like a simplified version of CMU depot.
  I made the following modifications:
  (0) Tried to make everything more explicit:
      - Put 80x# character line break between all subroutines.
      - Put a "header" in every subroutine to define what is passed IN,
        what is returned OUT and a DESCRIPTION of what the subroutine does.
        These headers should be completed. Bob :-)
        i.e., CoalesceTrees, FindStowMember, ...
      - Put comments in where I thought things were fuzzy.
  (1) Added support for Getopt::Long
  (2) Disabled default behavior where current directory
      is the stow directory.
      Replaced `-d dir' & `--dir=dir' flag
      with     `-s dir' & `--swcoldir=dir' flag
      Stow directory must be explicitly defined with this new flag.
      Replaced internal variable $Stow with $swcoldir.
  (3) Disabled default behavior where target directory
      is parent of the current directory.
      Target directory must be explicitly defined with the
     `-t dir' or `--target=dir' flag.
      Replaced internal variable $Target with $tdir.
  (4) Added support for a Preference File.
      Valid directives: sharsearchpath, searchpath, enable & override.
      The override directive is the only one that is currently implemented.
      Added new `-p file' & `--preference=file' flag.
  (5) Added valid_preference_file() subroutine,
      which verifies the Preference File.
      [I pulled this subroutine, so it assumes a correct Prefernce File]
      [If anyone wants it, I've included it as an attachement to this email]
  (6) Added override_link() subroutine.
      It parses the preference file and determines whether
      to override a conflict.
  (7) Modified Unstow() subroutine to support override directives
      in the Preference File.
      If the current package is the first token in an override directive,
      then the second token should be restow'ed.
  (8) Disabled the use of relative links:
        Removed RelativePath() subroutine.
        Replaced "&RelativePath($tdir, $swcoldir)" with "$swcoldir".
      Enabled the use of absolute links:
        Modified FindStowMember() subroutine:
          Removed the first parameter.
          Removed all code and replaced it with the code you see now:
            $x = pop(@path);
            while ($x ne $termstr) {
              $swcol_contentpath = "/" . $x . $swcol_contentpath;
              $x = pop(@path);
            };
            $swcol_contentpath =~ s/^\///;
            return($swcol_contentpath);