[Savannah-hackers] Re: Please disregard my last email.

From: Bob Glickstein
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Please disregard my last email.
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 15:14:43 -0800

Paul Company writes:
>   (0) Tried to make everything more explicit:
>       - Put 80x# character line break between all subroutines.

Don't put 80; put 78.  On some 80-character terminals, an
80-character-wide line will cause an unwanted linefeed.

>   (1) Added support for Getopt::Long

This will break Perl 4.x compatibility.  Though I guess that's a lot
less of a consideration now than when I first wrote it.

>   (2) Disabled default behavior where current directory
>       is the stow directory.

That's a non-backward-compatible interface change made for no
compelling reason (that I've seen); it's therefore the wrong thing to
do.

>       Replaced internal variable $Stow with $swcoldir.

What an odd change to make.

>   (3) Disabled default behavior where target directory
>       is parent of the current directory.

Again, backward-compatibility broken for no good reason.

>   (8) Disabled the use of relative links:

Why?  Some present users may be relying on them.

I like your other ideas: absolute links (as an *option*); preferences
files; and conflict overriding.

Cheers,
- Bob