[Savannah-hackers] submission of GQuickDraw - savannah.nongnu.org

From: grumbel
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GQuickDraw - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:09:40 -0500

Ingo Ruhnke <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: GQuickDraw
System name: gquickdraw
Type: non-GNU

GQuickDraw is meant as a very simple and stupid graphic library, basically a
wrapper around a small subset of Xlib functions. Its aim is it to allow graphic
access with a minimum effort, something like:

gd_init_screen(640, 480);
gd_set_color(0xFF00FF);
gd_draw_line(100, 100, 250, 200);

GQuickDraw is written in C and bindings will be provided for both Python and
Guile. Support for mouse, joystick and load/save of png\'s is planed.

I started this thing because I missed the ease of use of old Basic dialects,
which often allowed such easy ways to create graphics, while under C most
libraries require a huge amount of init code, which sometimes gets larger then
the programm I indent to write. This library isn\'t meant for real
applications, but instead for tiny prototypes or visualisations of algorithms.

The current code is available at (well, its a uncleaned dump of my working
directory):

http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/gquickdraw/

Other Software Required:
GQuickDraw relies on X11 for the graphic output and uses Swig for generating
the guile and python interfaces.