[Savannah-hackers] submission of GQuickDraw - savannah.nongnu.org

From: grumbel
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GQuickDraw - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:56:40 -0500

Ingo Ruhnke <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: GQuickDraw
System name: gquickdraw
Type: non-GNU

GQuickDraw is meant as a very simple and stupid graphic library, basically a
wrapper around a small subset of Xlib functions. Its aim is it to allow graphic
access with a minimum effort, something like:

gd_init_screen(640, 480);
gd_set_color(0xFF00FF);
gd_draw_line(100, 100, 250, 200);

GQuickDraw is written in C and bindings will be provided for both Python and
Guile. Support for mouse, joystick and load/save of png\\\'s is planed.

I started this thing because I missed the ease of use of old Basic dialects,
which often allowed such easy ways to create graphics, while under C most
libraries require a huge amount of init code, which sometimes gets larger then
the programm I indent to write. This library isn\\\'t meant for real
applications, but instead for tiny prototypes or visualisations of algorithms.

The current code is available at (cleaned up and Copyright headers added this
time):

http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/tmp/gquickdraw-0.0.0/