[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of GNUHoo - savannah.gnu.org

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of GNUHoo - savannah.gnu.org
Date: 12 Nov 2002 21:47:36 +0100

"M.P.Anand Babu" <address@hidden> a tapoté :

> ,----
> | Can you confirm that gnueval already accepted this software te be a
> | GNU Package, I havent find anything about it currently?
> |
> | (if not, I will be in non-GNU category, and the name should be like
> | freehoo)
> `----
> I couldn't find any, even under non-GNU
> ,----
> |
> | IS libyahoo2 free?
> `----
> Yes libyahoo2 is also free. But hosted under proprietary
> sourceforge.net site. I'm going to convince them to move
> to savannah.
>
> ,----
> | Could you resubmit your project once it's done?
> | You can resubmit your project with ease by copying
> | the big re-registration URL provided in the mail
> | you received  at submission
> `----
> I'm not clear about this re submission and why its
> required.
>
> I was looking for a good name for long time and finally chose
> GNUHoo. Freehoo also sounds like cool name. I can change the
> name easily and also because we are yet to checkin the code
> at savannah.
>
> The project is mature and only thing pending is change of name
> and savannah registration.
>
> I appreciate your great support and help.
>
> Should I re-register under Freehoo name?.
> Will this go under GNU or non-GNU?

It's not us who decide whether a project is official part of the gnu
project or not. You must contact address@hidden

In the meantime, you can register your project under the name freehoo,
in the category non-GNU, on savannah.

Once gnueval accepted your project to be an official part of the gnu
project, send us a mail and you'll be able to rename it to gnuhoo, and
will we reset it as GNU.