[Savannah-hackers] submission of Louise_security_managing_system - savan

From: dorian . tessore
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Louise_security_managing_system - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 13:14:41 -0500

Dorian Tessore <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Louise_security_managing_system
System name: louise
Type: non-GNU

The project is a Bond/Equity/Currency managing system. It reads Security
informations (quotation at a certain quotedate on a cerain market in a cerain
currency) coming from banks owned by the central bank for which the program is
written for, and checks these informations whith the respecktive data coming
from a price monitor such as Bloomberg. The program has a web front end (very
simple version of PHP-Nuke using our code-assembling, web-menu and batch start
system) and a back end where Python baches interackt with a Postrgess DB. The
operator uses the front end to start a number of batches running on the
backend. Front end and back end communicate whith xml-rpc.
More than one operator at time might check the values, each checking a
different bank. When an operator starts checking a bank he has to open the work
for a certain bank for a certain quotedate. The system then analyzes the
Bond/Equity/Currency informations sent by that bank. When the system finds the
infortmations from the bank being different from the respective informations
coming from Bloomberg it generates an alarm of type \'OutOfRange\'; if
Bloomberg doesn\'t have any information it generates a \'missing\' alarm.
The system might be parametrized in almost all it\'s parts by the enduser.

It already exists but it cannot yet be downloaded.

Other Software Required:
- MYSQL
- POSTGRESS
- PYTHON
- PHP
- APACHE

Other Comments:
We do not yet have a simple tar to install it! But we are working on it. The
System is developped for our customer and used until now only by him. The heart
of the program are the Python batches and the Postgress DB, although the front
end might be used for any purposes.