[Savannah-hackers] %2F in arg to viewcvs doesn't work

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] %2F in arg to viewcvs doesn't work
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:39:43 -0500

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/emacs/emacs/lisp/ChangeLog?rev=HEAD

gives me the head revision of the emacs/lisp/ChangeLog file, but

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/emacs/emacs/lisp%2FChangeLog?rev=HEAD

gives me:

The requested URL /cgi-bin/viewcvs/emacs/emacs/lisp/ChangeLog was not found on
this server.

I noticed this while trying to setup a bookmark in my browser with
the following URL:
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/emacs/emacs/%s?rev=HEAD

hoping that I could then just type `emacscvs lisp/subr.el' to view the
head revision of the lisp/subr.el file.  But sadly, this doesn't work
because the %-processing is not done early enough (or at all) by
viewcvs.  Is there any hope to see this fixed soon ?

        Stefan