[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of GLTV - a library for 3d realtime en

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of GLTV - a library for 3d realtime environ - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 15 Nov 2002 18:55:36 +0100

address@hidden said:

> Cedric Cellier <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: other
> Other License: I feel the GPL is too much \'protocolar\' for my tastes. I
> want to release the whole thing as an open source collaborative work, free
> for anybody, like public domain.
> In fact, I don\'t like the idea to attach a particular license on my work,
> because I don\'t feel like using the laws to protect collaborative work.
>
> Is it at all possible to use savannah, then ?
> Please let me know...

Personally, I do not think that liberties can exists without being
protected. For instance, you are free to walk on the street because
there are laws that forbid anyone else to beat you. Freedom of speech
exists also because laws exists and protect this freedom.

But, basically, public domain is not incompatible with GPL.
So basically, we can host your project.

But note that we are very "protocolar" :) and people who want to be
hosted on Savannah must follow our policy. It means using the term
GNU/Linux to refers to the GNU system with the Linux kernel, it means
talking about Free Software instead of Open Source.

> Package: GLTV - a library for 3d realtime environ System name: gltv
> Type: non-GNU

> This project is about networked realtime 3D graphic environment, usable for
> games, 3D presentations, working environment... clients requires openGL,
> openAL and openIL. All others libraries are to be build from roots, including
> a networking TCP
>
> Other Software Required:
>
> Other Comments:
> For now on, I merely look for comments and discussions about
> design. Later, coders should be needed.

Please resubmit with statement on the point discussed.

You can resubmit your project with ease by copying
the big re-registration URL provided in the mail
you received  at submission