Re: [Savannah-hackers] Fighting BitKeeper: There is no such thing as a F

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Fighting BitKeeper: There is no such thing as a Free Lunch
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 14:59:42 +0000

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 03:49:46PM +0200, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> I think you erroneously believed that "use only free software" idealism is
> shared by all free software developers out there. That is far from being
> the case. It is not the case for me
I know that; it doesn't come as a surprise to me.

> Some Savannah users are just looking for hosting for thier projects and
> don't care too much about ideals.
I also know that. And I do not feel any special obligation to give them better
tools; we are already spending a lot of time and effort to keep Savannah
running well. My main motivation to improve things are those other users who
are here for the political ideals that Free Software movement represent.

Cheers,
Jaime