Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of xqdraw - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of xqdraw - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:18:21 +0000

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 12:51:47AM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

Please notice the date when I received your project application :-)

> david xiao <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: xqdraw
> System name: xqdraw
> Type: non-GNU

> http://pchome.net/~/vc/xqdraw-2002_07_1.zip

> We have consider there is a number of free diagram drawing program (eg, Dia)
> available under Linux/UNIX platform. So this program\'s primary platform is
> MS-Windows. Of course, you can also run it under win32 simulator.
> Other Software Required:
> The C++ compiler which compliance MS-Win32.

Sorry. We do not host projects whose primary target are non-free platforms.
Even though your program is free software, we feel that by hosting it we would
be encouraging users to use a non-free platform instead of a free one such as
GNU/Linux, which is something we do not want to do.

If you decide to develop a version that runs on a completely free platform and
if you can guarantee that this version will always run as well as, or better
than, the MS-Windows version, you canthen register your project again. But
notice that if you want to write such a program for GNU/Linux you should
justify why it is better to write a new program rather than joining the sketch
or sodipodi teams.

Regards,
Jaime