Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Release Early, Release Often - sava

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Release Early, Release Often - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:33:04 +0100

Michael L. Brownlow wrote:

Would you mind changing occurences of Linux as OS
to GNU/Linux in your submitton and documentation?

In this context, I should probably use ``Linux kernel,'' and not refer
to any operating system. Will changing the usage to kernel be
sufficient?

Yes that is fine.

It already exists and you can download the latest distribution at http://ftp.wsmake.org/pub/rero/rero-0.0.53.tar.gz

I couldn't help seeing that you already have a CVS account running on wsmake.org. Are you going to use the savannah space actively? If so you are welcome to use our services.

I suppose I would like to use the savannah space. However, the nature of
RERO is such that it would be nice to have some cronjobs available for
the purpose of automated releases on the machine that the CVS repository
would be on. Would this be possible? It would be nice to have access to
gnuplot as well.

We can't offer you a shell account or acces to gnuplot.

Alternatively, the cronjobs could be run remotely. But non-interactive
ssh/scp sessions would be required to copy releases, documentation, etc.

This would be preferred.  You can use scp to upload your files.

I think, for now, it would be best to leave RERO on my site and simply
adhere to GNU standards. What do you think?

It is up to you :) If you want to have space on savannah you certainly must comply with the requirements.

Rusy
--
Rudy Gevaert <rudy-sv AT webworm.org> <http://www.webworm.org>
Please reply with a CC to address@hidden if