Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GNU Internet Information Server - s

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GNU Internet Information Server - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:43:18 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Tarun Gaur <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: lgpl
Other License: Package: GNU Internet Information Server
System name: gnu-iis
Type: GNU

The project is first step in the achievement of Zero Administration Dynamic Servers. In this
project, the aim is to unify the daemons and services running under GNU/linux and manage them from
one point. The resultant Interface will be something that is a combination of \"Microsoft
Services\" and \"Microsoft Internet Information Server\". The look and feel of the
interface is to be kept almost similar to the MS-IIS to help users migrate to the linux version.
This project helps to unify and more important SIMPLIFY the configuration and management of
GNU/Linux based servers.

The project ultimately will be extended to deployment, use and scaling of services through a common interface. It will try and simplify the enterprise server management through easy to use wizards and mouse clicks.
I am at initial stage of analysing the software. I think i should be able to
finish the analysis in another 15 days starting from (27/11/2002). As soon as
the analysis is complete, I will post it on my website.

regards and good luck,
Tarun Gaur

Other Software Required:
All the required software for the project falls under GNU GPL/LGPL.

It is some C libraries and Gnome/KDE libraries. Shell scripts etc.

Other Comments:
Please feel free to contact me at :

address@hidden
address@hidden

Since your project does not seems to be part of the
GNU project yet, we cannot accept that project name
for it. Of course there are lots of non-GNU projects
with names such as gnuplot and gnuboy, but they are
not hosted in Savannah.

In the projects we host we want to keep the distinction
 between GNU and non-GNU projects, to avoid confusion.

If your project is accepted into the GNU project, you
 can change its name later on.

I suggest you resubmit your project as a non-gnu project and don't use
gnu in it's name.

As soon as you have some code to show you can ask address@hidden to evaluatie your project so it can be included in the GNU project.

Rudy

--