Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Qplus - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Qplus - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 20:31:26 +0100

Please reply with a CC to address@hidden if
you have any questions about your registration.

I downloadeded qp-tools.tar, and I did only see:

tools/
tools/python2-2.2-2.i386.rpm
tools/python2-tkinter-2.2-2.i386.rpm
tools/wxBase-2.3.2-1.i386.rpm
tools/wxGTK-2.3.2-1.i386.rpm
tools/wxPython-2.3.2.1-1-Py22.i386.rpm
tools/mknbi-1.2-0.noarch.rpm
tools/etherboot-images/
tools/etherboot-images/eb-5.0.2-mc1-3c905c-tpo.lzdsk
tools/etherboot-images/eb-5.0.2-mc1-3c905c-tpo.lzrom
tools/etherboot-images/eb-5.0.2-mc1-eepro100.lzdsk
tools/etherboot-images/eb-5.0.2-mc1-eepro100.lzrom
tools/etherboot-images/eb-5.0.2-mc1-rtl8139.lzdsk
tools/etherboot-images/eb-5.0.2-mc1-rtl8139.lzrom
tools/etherboot-images/NOTES.txt

I do not know how to handle rpm files, so please put a link to the source code on line. Also on the url you gave me I only found a couple of tar balles (containing mostly rpms) but the most of the files where rpm's.

Some of them are of gcc, I know gcc so I won't bother checking it because it is a GNU package. Some of the other names I do not know. Also they are very big.

Please tell me what to download and put only the source code online. I am nothing with precompiled binairies.

Also know that in order to release your project under the GPL you
should write copyright notices and copying permission
statements at the beginning of every source-code file, and
include a copy of the plain text version of the GPL
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt copy it, for
instance, into a file named COPYING).

Please follow the advice of
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

The GPL FAQ can also help you understand the reason behind
thoses recommendations. For example, there is an entry explaining
why the GPL requires including a copy of the GPL with
every copy of the program:
 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude

Please make sure you do this before submitting your project again.

Could you resubmit your project once it's done?
You can resubmit your project with ease by copying
the big re-registration URL provided in the mail
you received  at submission

Regards,

Rudy

address@hidden wrote:

Jerry Epplin <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License: Package: Qplus
System name: qplus
Type: non-GNU

Qplus is a toolkit for embedding the Linux kernel and a set of user-space
programs into devices.  It consists of:

- Target Builder -- a Python/wxWindows-based GUI used for configuring the
kernel and selecting and configuring packages to form the root filesystem.
Target Builder also transparently builds the kernel and root filesystem and
prepares them for deployment.

- A set of packages considered useful in embedded systems.  These are standard
free software packages (e.g., busybox, glibc, among many others) packaged in a
way similar to RPM.

- A set of board support packages (BSPs), providing information specific to
each supported target embedded system.

Qplus is important as the first fully free (GPL\'d) toolkit advanced and usable
enough to compete with the proprietary toolkits from Lineo, MontaVista, and
others.  With adequate project infrastructure it could meet a genuine and
growing free software need.  The article at
http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT5640843706.html provides additional
information.

Qplus is already a complete and usable system.  It can be downloaded from
ftp://pc3304a.etri.re.kr/pub/qplus.

Other Software Required:
wxWindows
Python
Works with Linux and a set of packages, all free.
CML2
GCC and other GNU tools

Other Comments:
Qplus was written by Woochul Kang and Heechul Yun of Korea\'s Electronics and
Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI).  I\'m Jerry Epplin
(address@hidden).  I haven\'t yet contributed code to Qplus, but hope to as
soon as project support can be arranged.