[Savannah-hackers] Re: web stylesheets for XHTML

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: web stylesheets for XHTML
Date: 27 Nov 2002 22:14:02 +0000

> C.13. Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and XHTML
>
> The Cascading Style Sheets level 2 Recommendation [CSS2 [p.31] ]
> defines style properties which are applied to the parse tree of the
> HTML or XML documents. Differences in parsing will produce different
> visual or aural results, depending on the selectors used. The
> following hints will reduce this effect for documents which are served
> without modification as both media types:
>
> 1. CSS style sheets for XHTML should use lower case element and
>    attribute names.
>
> Is this a convincing argument?  :)

Convincing but from my point of view just an excuse for a mistake.

When you define specs and syntax, that's it. A valid CSS file should
be valid whatever the context. If not, what means "definition".

It's just like if someday I create a something that become a world
standard that use CSS but fordib usage of ";" in CSS. And so, ask to
add a close in CSS specs saying that "maybe, in some case, your
completely fully standard compliant CSS is not and you have to care
about the context".

I'll make the modifications as soon as possible. Anyway, that's another
w3c crap.